Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Psalm 23 for a 2 Year Old

God is my shepherd...
(Hey! Do you know what a shepherd is? It's a person who watches over sheep so they don't get hurt. Let's imagine we're a sheep... Baaa! Can you say "Baaa!" like a sheep?)
The Shepherd takes care of everything I need.
He makes me nap and rest in a quiet place.
He leads me to a beautiful pool.
He give me my happy heart back.
He leads me on the right road so everyone will know he is a good shepherd to me.
Even though I walk through a very scary place,
I won't be afraid of any bad things
Because I know that God is with me.
God, you will use all your tools to comfort me.
God, you prepare a wonderful meal for me to show everyone I know that you love me a lot.
You give my head a big kiss!
My cup is full of my favorite juice.
I think goodness and mercy will be with me for my whole life AND
I will live in God's good house forever.


(My mother's day flowers... in a big pickle bucket from Chick-fil-A. Love.)

----------------------------------------------

My grown-up take away today:

"He leads me on the right road so everyone will know he is a good shepherd to me"/
"He leads me in paths of righteousness for his name sake."

God has a vested interest in my outcome. He has thrown in his lot with mine. We're family. How I turn out reflects on how good of a parent/God he is. Just like me and my kids. He'll never walk away because that would make him suck... and he can't suck, because it's not who he is.

No comments:

Post a Comment