Friday, March 22, 2013

Perfection Poison

I just sat down to write... yeah, on paper. Yeah. The old stuff.

I wrote this, "Starting something new invig...."

Then I stopped because the line wasn't perfectly spaced in the middle of the sheet.

Then I wrote, "Starting something new invigorates..."

Then I stopped because I didn't like the hand writing.

Then I wrote, "Starting something new invigorates me.  Fear of imperfection keeps me working and getting nowhere.  Fear of failure keeps me from follow through.  Failing to follow through cripples me."

Then I wrote, "I wrote the first line of this private thought 3 times on 3 different sheets of paper until it was perfect... I have a problem."

And that's the truth. And this is a pattern for me.

I'll never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever make my dreams come true if I allow perfection to cripple me before I ever really attempt to launch.

Cheers,
TheKawaMama

No comments:

Post a Comment