Friday, December 14, 2012

Eye Boogers

We've got eye goop in the house.

I don't know what causes clogged tear ducts, but I woke up to green boogers on Eames' face. Boo hoo... I just hate to see him looking like he might be suffering. Seems like every time we're around big groups he gets some ailment.

I'm doctoring with warm compress, duct massage, and... drum roll please... breastmilk. It's full of antibodies and germ fighting white blood cells. I do the compresses and massage while he feeds because he is calm and still.... then when he is done eating... SQUIRT SQUIRT!! Into the eyes go a stream of milk.

My attempt to cure his acne by the same means totally backfired! LOL! Now my husband laughs at me every time I squirt milk in our son's face...

This time it'll work.

I love finding home based solutions for sickness. I'm not a total nature mom... most of the nature moms think I'm a yuppie! But our bodies are amazing and designed to heal themselves if we give them a little boost in the right direction. My father was ever-so-briefly an emergency medicine doctor, and he got so fed up with mothers rushing their child to the ER for antibiotics at the slightest sniffle. With my admiration for the power of the human body & my father's angst ringing in my ears, I find it empowering to find natural ways to help my son reach full health again.

That's all for now,

The KawaMama
(credit)

No comments:

Post a Comment